render puzzle

I rendered a bathroom on the design layer in RW, then converted it to a viewport and rendered the viewport in RW. The attached file shows the image from the design layer (used grab to cut/paste) underneath the viewport rendering. Notice the soffit lighting in the viewport is grossly different and the fascia shows the point lights behind it. In essence the design layer renders correctly, but the viewport has problems.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong ? Why don't both renderings look the same ?

(I checked the lighting controls in the viewport. Nothing fixed it.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It COULD be the Project Screen Objects and Display Planar Objects options for the viewport allowing a planar object to show that wouldn't have been there in the design layer with Unified View active, but that's a flat guess.

More commonly its a layer or class on in the viewport that isn't on in the design layer, but that should be the case if you JUST created the viewport and didn't change visibility settings anywhere.

Does it do this in other rendering modes as well, like OpenGL? Showing that extra bit of fascia?