Angles not defaulting to 90/180 etc

Hello all,

I would be extremely grateful for any help on this. Sorry, it's a difficult one to explain but I will try my best.

I started a sketch design where the new walls were at say 27.12 degrees to north, so I had the file set up properly with a rotated plan to work on the building walls. Somewhere along the line over several months of modifications, my rotated view changed slightly to say 27.13. I didn't notice for sketch design, but now we are doing construction drawings I thought it better to redraw the plan (to include block dimensions etc) so I rotated the plans to be 0, 90, 180 degrees etc. I set up a new layer with the old layer greyed out to use as a guide. But the walls are defaulting to 90 degrees from the item they are snapping to on the greyed out layer which . How can I make them be a 'true' angle instead of linking to the snapped item angle?

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Jan,

You can also TEMPORARILY suspend snapping by holding down the Tilde key - such that you can start a wall snapped to a certain point but then hold the tilde key down to complete the operation such that you won't have to fight any snaps...

Wes