Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Fritsch

How can I disable "unknown publisher" warning message

Question

Can someone tell me how to disable the popup warning message on Windows 7, that warns me of spawning a program from an "unknown publisher"...

@ Jim, And why the hell does NV not sign their program in the first place, just plain sloppy.

12 answers to this question

This happens when you launch Vectorworks every time?

Some of the updaters are not signed so that we dont have to wait for the approval process, but it should never be happening every time for the main application, MAYBE when running the installer but not the application itself. Contact support with the info I mentioned.

Use Print Screen (Or PrntScrn on some keyboards) then paste it from the clipboard into Paint and you can then save the image.

Ahh gotcha just checked, its disabled when UAC is up all the way on 7. Take note of the full path and name it lists of the app on the popup and include that in your email to support.

Done, sorry but I've been trying to get rid of this for a while as it's driving me nuts...sort of like driving through a MacDonalds and they keep asking me if I want "fries with that", If I wanted some I'd ask!

Looks like this is in the pipe to be corrected across the board in updaters as well. Its half to do with the app and updaters being signed/unsigned and half to do with components related to OS firewalls. So this should also resolve most of the issues I've seen users have with firewall notices that keep popping up.