update refresh linetype view

I'm drawing on top of an image with black lines. I've changed my pen color to magenta in the class "none." This is not reflected in the attributes palette. When I choose the "none" class, I am getting a black line even if I choose pen color in the palette and select class style. I tried creating a class called Magenta with the same problems. I've searched "update" and "refresh" in the knowledge base and can't see what I'm missing. I'm using VectorWorks 11. Pointers please.

Thanks,

Anthony.

If working in the None Class

Deselect everything (click in empty space)

In attributes palette change the pen to magenta - change other attributes as desired.

Continue drawing. New objects display the new attributes.

To adjust pen color in "old" objects: Select them, all at once, bunches or individually, and change the pen in Attributes palette.

To work in the Magenta Class:

In the Magenta Class Definition (aka the edit class dialog), enable the Use at Creation check box.

Switch classes in the drawing so that Magenta is the active Class.

Objects created after the above steps will display Magenta Class attributes.

Previously created objects can be converted by selecting and assigning them to Magenta Class via the OIP - all at once, in bunches, or individually.

Or use the eyedropper tool: Enable the tool, hover over an object in the Magenta Class. If eyedropper cursor appears, click the object. If paint bucket appears, press Option key (bucket switches to dropper) and click the object. Magenta attributes are now loaded into eyedropper. Press/hold Option if needed to enable paint bucket, click other objects to give them the Magenta class attributes and assign them to the Magenta Class.

None class can have the Use at Creation enabled. But the None Class is often left without such constraints so it is more flexible. An object's individual attributes can be adjusted, or the object can be reassigned to a class with desired attributes.

-B