Soft goods functions not working

I am working through the getting started guide & having great problems with the soft goods tools.

I have created my border, as per the GSG. I have duplicated it four times, as instructed.

1. When I align & distribute, I am left with a large gap at the rear of the stage that is clearly uneven to the distribution.

2. I cannot change the border to a curtain with centre opening in the OIP. I have changed the function to 'curtain', the Z value to 0', and the height to 24', *but* the drop down menu option for opening refuses to activate, and remains greyed out.

3. I have then tried to copy the curtain to create legs. I have used the 'Move by points' command, and set the L value to 3' & the angle to -90˚. However, when I hit return twice, it creates another 60' length border, and I am unable to edit the length in the OIP.

Any ideas what is going on here - particularly the curtain function. I simply cannot get the 'opening' menu to become active.

Jo.