Vectorworks 2014 - Constraints/snapping to angles

Hi all

I have just moved over from VW 2013 to VW 2014, and am struggling with something. It wasnt a problem on VW 2013, so i'm guessing there maybe a setting i need to adjust.

If i draw a line horizontally, and duplicate it to try and create a vertical line from one point (creating an L), the duplicated line won't snap to any angles! Not even horizontal or vertical. It only snaps to angles from the point which i pick up to move, rather than where the lines meet.

Has anyone experienced this, and know how to change it?

Thanks

Yes, just another of the bugs with VW2014. Snapping and constraining in 2014 is massively flawed for some reason (apparently the lack of shift key constraining 90 degrees is a known bug!).

I just came on here looking for an answer to this same problem, trying to draw up a survey is impossible, employing the same example as Jonathan, the angle at which a line ends up is relative to the point you pick and not the point you wish to rotate around, which is useless as it requires you knowing the angle of a line end point in relation to the last line end point you drew, rather than the length of it.

Benson: unless i'm wrong your method works, but if you need to add a length to the line then it snaps back to the angle constraint.

I'm going back to 2013 if they don't sort this soon.

Yes I have been having the same problem, sometimes the snap works & constraining to an X or Y axis while holding the shift key down works, they work intermittently. I also have no sound with the eye dropper tool, but have all other sounds. This tells me there is a bug somewhere. I've done a complete removal & reinstall from the downloaded software, but thinking I may try it again & reinstalling with the software CD disk to see if I get any difference. Its a very aggravating problem