has anybody made a subway tile RenderWorks texture ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As long as the resource that you find supplies a base image, as the ones from the above link almost always do, you can create a Renderworks texture directly from them.

For anyone else coming across this, the procedure for doing so is covered in this portion of the Renderworks Getting Started Guide:

http://www.vectorworks.net/training/getting-started-guides/renderworks/Gsg-2014-r03-image-based-textures.php

I also found a good subway tile in SketchUp thats 3d & was able to import it converted the tile to 3D polys & was able to edit a tile as needed, looks great, but am sure I increased the file size a bit, was not able to then convert the section of the tile to generic solids to reduce file size.

I don't know if this helps, but the Renderworks Tile texture can be adjusted to make subway tiles. Modify one of the Brick textures or create a new texture and name it Subway.

Texture edit:

Set the size to 6" (That's the horizontal dim).

Color Shader edit:

Tile>Brick option (I think 1 & 2 are same layout). Same color for the 3 tiles. Fiddle the grout and bevel % to suit.

The bricks have a 1:2 aspect, so they come out 3" x 6"

Reflectivity Shader edit:

Try the Glass option or some of the others if that's not good.

Open GL distorts the size by a few %.

Renderworks (shown) seems to be right on.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10730&filename=SubwayDialogs.png