Modify Move

Ozzie

Question

5 answers to this question

Not sure i can agree totally with this one Bruce, particularly when i always see you as one of the most grounded, logical users on the forum. :)

minus is always Left or Down and plus is always Up or Right.

;)

But i do understand that if some of the dialogues could be assisted by User Defined "Additions" like your Move command allowing us to Add Up/Down/Left/Right to the Standards would let us make some of the more confusing dialogues much more practical and understandable. Especially some of the newer ones.

Andrew

Edited by AndiACD

How about selecting the object, invoke the move command (or Ctrl M), press the required arrow key once (or click in the direction of movement and VW will intelligently decide for you) and enter the movement distance in a floating data bar?

Forget this -number +number business - reminds me of Autocad...

I do large landscape design projects for sometimes over 100 townhouses

Setting out things that are say 900 mm wide or often 800 mm or sometimes 700 mm etc etc etc

Often I will want to draw a line along a wall and move it say that distance and use the same distances often

Just want user defined drop down boxes with numeric entries

Would be good to have them when you hit the "G" key and tab through also

Same as also Wall Tool / Wall Preferences / Overall Thickness - drop down user definable list of thicknesses could be handy there also

For me as an example wall thicknesses are often - 230, 240, 250, 90, 150 110 etc

Make any sense?

OFFSETS:

• Place cursor over edge you want offset from.
  • Hit the G key and tab into the required field (X, Y or L) of the Floating Data Bar.
  • This will give you dashed red lines that you can then start drawing from.

Notes:

• You can also enter values into more than one field in the Floating Data Bar.
  • This also works when the Plan View is rotated and 3D views if the Plane Mode is set to Automatic.

WALLS:

• Create Wall Styles for each of the Wall types you want and include them in your template file (or import them into your current working file).
  • These Walls will then appear at the top of the Wall Style pop-up list (above the thin grey line) because they are Resources in your current file rather than Default Content. That makes them quick and easy to select.