Drawing label too long - can it be split over two lines?

Hi,

I have a number of drawing labels on my annotation layer of my viewports. Can the title be entered on more than one continuous line?

The title is:

HORIZONTAL SECTION C-C THROUGH DOOR AT SKIRTING LEVEL

but I want it to read:

HORIZONTAL SECTION C-C

THROUGH DOOR AT SKIRTING LEVEL

Is this possible? I have numerous small details on one sheet but the titles are overlapping as they are wider than the individual details.

I'm working in VW2013

Thanks

The return can typically be treated like its own character and can often be inserted into a line. If you type a couple letters then a return and then a couple more letters you can typically highlight just the carriage return and cut it to the clip board. Alternatively you could type the whole line as you want it into a text object and then cut and paste it..carriage return and all...into the field. From the object info palette you can use your arrow keys to move up and down between the different lines.

How the text displays usually depends on which PIO you are putting the text in. I've written some custom PIO's and had to make sure the text control point was on the bottom if I wanted the new line to be above the current one or on the top if I wanted the new line to be below it.

Joe

Hi,

Ive tried numerous variations of this but I cant get the drawing label to accept the return. What does PIO mean?

I may have to go back to the old method of using a text box for the viewport title instead of using the drawing label tool.

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks

What Josh says.

PIO is also, sometimes, interpreted as Parametric Input Object

PIOs are things like walls, stairs, DTM, extrude along path and other Vectorworks objects which are created and edited via extensive dialogs with fields, buttons and menus for user input of parameter values. These numbers/values control the object's shape, size and other features.

-B

• 4 years later...