Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Two Questions :)

twk

Greetings all,

Have two queries

1. I have a quick plugin object that creates an extruded profile based on poly profile from a symbol.

When purging a document and selecting purge unused symbols is there a way to tell vectorworks via script that a particular symbol is in use via that plugin?

2. For this extruded profile plugin im adding a pitch and roll parameter. How can we include the degree sign in the display in the object info.. like ?.

Thanks in advance

Tui

Tui,

1. Add the symbol to your plug-in's profile group. Symbols in the profile count as "in use" and won't be purged.

2. The short answer is you can't, at least not without a lot of extra code. There is no angle parameter type. You can add an angle widget, but you have to code in setting and getting the value.

-Josh

Thanks Josh,

For question 1, are you refering to SetCustomObjectProfileGroup? Would that work if my plugin object is a linear based one?

What it actually does is gets the polygon profile from a symbol. So in the script I've had to ungroup the symbol and use the polygon inside that to extrude it along a specified axis.

I will try and post a sample code to see if that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Tui

Any object can have a path group and a profile group, even a point PIO. Both groups are really just storage containers, and nothing automatic happens to either on the code level. All you need to do is insert a copy of the symbol in the profile group.

The way that they are special is for edit modes -- double- or control- clicking, reshaping, etc.

The other special behavior is that the objects in each group persist, unlike the objects drawn by the PIO. That means you would either want to delete and re-create the profile group on every regen, or only insert the symbol if it changes.

HTH,

Josh