Reference Get Weird Sometimes

I've been trying to use referenced design layers more, and they are great...mostly.

Sometimes, i will open a file that was fine yesterday, and today one referenced design layer viewport will be off...just wrong. everything else is fine, but that one viewport is oddly displayed.

for example: the walls and notes are perfect, but all the furniture is individually out of place and then rotated 90? as a group around a random center. i go to check the referenced file and it's fine. i check the references tab, i update the reference, and no change. i can only fix it by deleting and creating a new referenced viewport.

another example: the viewport is there on the sheet layer with annotations, but the referenced design layer elements are gone. i go to the design layer reference, and it is highlighted though nothing is there. i click away and cannot reselect the referenced viewport. i go to the referenced file, and everything is fine. i check the references tab, i update the reference, and no change. i can only fix it by deleting and creating a new referenced viewport.

We've been using DLVP and Layer Referencing extensively on a large scale project and have had multiple issues with this as well. Usually we end up having to submit our entire file structure to vectorworks tech support so that they can trouble shoot it and let you know where a problem might be.

Tech support just solved some oddities for me in DWG refs.

If the crop object is in an OFF class then the whole viewport is blank.

Also if you keep a reference but change the file name, VW creates a new layer in the virtual VWX file, but it defaults to OFF.

Neither of these is major unless you suddenly lose 90% of what should be on screen just before sending data out to the client.