Only insertion point visible when placing a plant symbol ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A few things can cause that:

1) You are zoomed in so far that you only see the loci. This can be fixed by selecting the plant, then going to View > Zoom > Fit to Objects

2) There is geometry in front of the plant.

3) You are not in a Top/Plan view in the file that does not show the plant. This is changed in View > Standard views.

4) The main Plant class is visible, but the plant component classes are not. Those class names start with "Plants-components-" by default I believe.

• 5 years later...

I have this problem too!  

I am on Top/ Plan, zoomed out, and have all classes visible, but for some reason I can only see the plants as an orange cross when highlighting the area they are placed.

I tried inserting a new plant to see if it was just something wrong with that plant, but the new plant had the same problem.  Obviously I've inadvertently changed a setting, I just don't know what it is!?!

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 4.09.59 pm.png

Answering my own question - turns out it was a problem with Vectorworks draining the graphics card on my computer.  Went to Vectorworks; Preferences; Display; Navigation Graphics; select Good Performance and Quality.

Then, do something to make the view refresh, eg change which layers are visible.  Then the plants appeared again.