Print box says Save... instead of Print

Or you could have Distiller setup as the printer in Page or Print setup.

Make sure have a printer setup.

Also, as Kristen has mentioned, you do not have save as file or print to file selected or checkmarked.

• 13 years later...

I am having the same problem - I assume I have somehow enabled a 'print to file' type setting, but I can't for the life of me see where this might be - can anyone help? (I'm using Vectorworks 2014 on OS Sierra.)

Attached my File > Print dialogue box if this is useful - any pointers much appreciated!! 

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 16.42.02.png

Thanks for your reply - the 'Darth' printer is actually the name of our office plotter - it's linked to our server, and all other machines can print to this machine from Vectorworks fine? I could print to Darth fine too prior to being off last week - the only thing I've done differently today is updated my OS to Sierra! Now regardless of the printer I select the only option I get is to 'Save' rather than print.

Yeah, I've tried hitting "Save" - it does open a save dialogue box unfortunately! I think Jim is right, it appears to be as a result of OS Sierra - colleagues running VW 2014 are having the same problem, while others with the 2015 version (albeit running as 2014) do not. It seems to be an intermittent issue - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We have now seen a number of reports of users getting this issue on Sierra with Brother, HP and Canon printers but other brands may be included. It seems to be fixed by the following:

1) Download and the latest driver for the printer manually from the manufacturers website if available.

2)  Create a NEW printer in the Printers and Scanners pane under Apple > System Preferences.

3) Close and relaunch Vectorworks.

4) Select the NEW printer you just made, and attempt to print to it.

Let me know the results.