" allocate the dynarray " - error message is becoming a nightmare !

Warning _ 770 _ 771 - Polygon handle is not valid

Warning _0 _ 13- Object passed to routine is not the proper type

Error _0 _ 79 - You must allocate the dynarray before using it

--------------------------

By Viper x in another thread :

I am using the place plants funtion and this comes up particularly when trying to use the " along polygon edges " command.

-----------------------

Also a problem for Tvetter :

"I am getting the same error even when using the "3 point poly". Usually the symbols will appear after clicking through 4 script error messages, then it take 4 more error messages for the messages go away. "

-------------------------

I am now getting the exact same problem as Tvetter, it can take 4 clicks to get rid of the message and I am placing the line in 3 segments, it is becoming very annoying

----------------

Reply : from Ian in other thread :

You will get this message when you try to draw a two-point polygon, which is "not legal". Try drawing a three point poly (all in a straight line) instead. Note: this is a bug fixed in an upcoming release.

--------------------

Robert Anderson

VP Integrated Products

Nemetschek North America

------------------------

Ian / Katie - is there something else that can be done to stop this happening as I am using the place plants command along polly lines very often and it is really making the function unbearable.

How far away is the " upcoming release" please ?

In real need of a cure.

Thanks for your help

Viper x

[ 12-10-2002, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

Viper,

VW 10.0.1 is available. I'm not sure when the next release will be available.

I know if you use a two point poly for place plant along polygon edges, it will give you that result. Three point should be just fine from what I've tried in VWL 10.0.1 as late as yeterday afternoon.

I would post this over at the Landmark section where Robert can read you are still having this problem. He wrote that part of the program and would know best on a resolution to the problem.