door schedule in two rows?

Rob

This is possible. And I've done it successfully. But it requires a little worksheet sorcery.

I'll attach an example with the information you are looking for and another popular request: Having the door opening dimensions in the label.

You should be able to just drop this into your drawing, change the formatting and use it. You will need to duplicate the worksheet and enter a new ID into the ID cell for each door.

A couple comments:

1. You will end up with a worksheet for every door. This is both good and bad. The bad part is the large number of worksheets in the RB. The good part is once you create the worksheets for one project, they are ready to go for subsequent projects.

2. To create the worksheets you have to override the database criteria GUI. It's not hard. Create a database. Edit the criteria. Cancel. The formula bar will now have the raw database code. The trick is to use the CONCAT function to reference a cell. (Spotlight users may recognize this as a formatting trick for Instrument Schedules.) Check out the webinars I did for VW on worksheets. In one of them I covered the GUI override trick for a different problem.

3. Spotlight has a brilliant solution for the label formatting problem (especially with the improvements in 2013 & 2014), called the Label Legend Manager. But it only works on Spotlight Instruments. I really wish that it could be universally applied to any object with an attached record format. Particularly Space Objects, whose label interface I find especially clumsy.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm almost positive that this method isn't in the manual!

hth

mk