Object snapping

I have a dead basic question here. Is there any way forcibly snapping to a certain point on an object without going to that specific point? Say I have multiple circles drawn of varying diameters but all of the centre points are very close together but not at the same point, can I highlight a particular circle and press a key to snap to its centre rather than zooming in?

I don't think there is in VW. Its dependent on being close to the snap point.

For your particular example I've found the centre point snap in Rhino to be much more intuitive. To select the centre snap of a circle you position its smart cursor somewhere along the circle itself and it will highlight its centre and show a radius line. This gives you a much larger target so you don't need to zoom in.

Kevin

TurboCAD had a great feature back in 1998 (haven't checked on them lately). Press the C key for center snap.

Clustered snap points are a problem.

In Vectorworks, there are several roundabout processes which all involve isolating the circle:

1. Click the circle to select. Group the circle, disable pref for display other objects in groups, enter/edit the group to work with the center.

2. Select the circle, send it to an empty layer, disable snaps to other layers, work with the circle in the new layer. Send it back to original layer if needed.

I hope others have better suggestions.

-B

Rather than creating a group and moving it to another layer, might it be easier to just temporarily offset the desired circle by a known amount, say 22", put a 2D locus (or endpoint of a line) at it's center, move them both back, then snap to the locus/endpoint (knowing it's the correct center)?