Help please - Vectorworks prefs file

For some reason my VW prefs keep reseting to the defaults. My recent files list also gets cleared. This is a recent problem (post 9.5.2). Any ideas what could cause that? It's getting really irritating to have to go through the process of setting prefs everytime I start the program.

Where are these prefs stored? Maybe at least I could keep a backup.....

Spotlight 9.5.2

Pentium III 1.2

WinXP

512M

You should edit the registry to get rid of the pref set and create a new one. (The last step will be done when you launch VW after removing the prefs).

Go to the Start menu and then Run.

Type in regedit and click on OK. This will bring up the registry editor. Please be VERY careful in following these steps exactly.

Click on the "+" next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Click on the "+" next to Software

Click on the Nemetschek folder and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

Shrink all that back up so the only thing that is expanded is My computer.

Click on the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Click on the "+" next to Software

Click once on the nemetschek folder and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

When that is done you can exit the registry editor by going to the top where the menu says Registry and select Exit.

I haven't heard a whole lot of this type of thing.

I see it now and then and it's usually a larger system problem causing the problem. (a driver out of date such as the video, printer, bios, or OS not being updated also).

The other culprit is installing new software/dwonloads. Alot of those free or shareware "cute" downloads you can find at cnet.com/downloads or somewhere like that are not tested in most cases and are to be used at your own extent. I downloaded some mp3 editing stuff and it made VW do wierd things. Once I removed it from my computer and cleared it's related registry entries, VW was back to working order.

That was also Win 98. Since then I've been fortunate enough to move up in the world with Win2k. I haven't seen the problem .. but I also don't download everything I see on the internet now either. I learned that lesson.