walls to ifc export malfunction

hi, the list of troubles won't end, now i have an ifc export issue.

the walls, previously displaying in solibri with semi-transparency and with materials listed in the attributes table (to the left), now, after having been modelled with integrated columns (walls have been cut into pieces) and fitted to the slab above, have lost their materials and that semi-transparency from older ifc export version.

i enclose a solibri screenshot with a messed-up wall selected, and also a screenshot with a part of this wall with previous, proper appearance.

additionally vw crashes a few moments after generating the ifc model.

is there a way to check what's going on?

btw,

how can i roll back the 'fit wall to roof' command? in archicad there are a few options of removing the seo's for operators and target shapes. is something like this present in vw?

thx,

rob

• 1 month later...

i still can't resolve the issue.

the faulty walls are not appearing properly in other bim authoring tools (here an archicad import). at the end of the day the walls are completely useless: no openings are present while importing, no material is being displayed.

the proper walls have a semi-transparent look in the solibri, the faulty ones are opaque.

can anybody help with any clue what's going on?

thanks.

rob

jeff,

thanks for the input.

i've worked for a few hours checking all the elements, and i think i have found the reason: a wall has been improperly fitted to the roof geometry above and the operation has apparently spoiled the whole building.

i thought it might have been some bug in the v2012 ifc generation, but it's not the case.

anyway, i'm currently waiting for the new release to arrive, i hope to encounter a much better ifc performance when it comes to the boolean operations. i expect the ifc zip to help reduce the model file size, too. my uncompressed model is now over 110 mb in size, and the site model is even not included.

rob