Only Select 2D symbols?

Is there a way to select only 2D symbols in a file?

I will often go to the custom selection dialogue, but it only lets me select symbols. It does not distinguish between 2D, 3D, & Hybrid Symbols.

My issue is I am trying to make a DLVP from an external source. The source is a front elevation only and I am trying to make this viewport appear in the back of the drawing as it would in real life.

My issues is that the drawing was done in a top plan view. When I make the designlayer viewport it is in top plan view. No problem I think I will just rotate it as I have done before. Well apparently when I have done it other times I did not have 2D or Hybrid symbols referenced in the viewport. Now I am trying to get a work around on how to do this.

My initial thought was to go through and convert all the 2D only symbols to 3D in the resource browser. However there are a ton of them and after 10 minutes this proved to be quite a project.

What I want to do is select all these items and decide if I can just delete them, but I cannot find a way to select just the 2D or Hybrid symbols.

Yes, you could script it pretty easily.

But for what you're doing wouldn't it be easier to take the whole viewport and Modify > Convert > Convert Copy to Lines and then use those lines?

Or select all the symbols and Modify > Convert > Convert to Group. This would desymbolize them.

mk

How would you do the script?

I did think about just converting to lines. Yes that would work, but it was more of a curious as to how one would select a certain type of symbol and if that is possible.

I prefer to not desymbolize anything, because well that kind of defeats the point of the symbol, but it was an option I thought about.

More just curious on how to actually achieve that selection than anything else.

Matt

It will select only 2D symbols on the current layer

I think that's technically not true. It selects all 2D symbols in the entire drawing, regardless of layer.

The OIP only shows 2D symbols on the active layer - or other visible layers if layer options are set to Show/Snap/Modify Others.

mk