James Dawson Design

Create a fence gate with no frame along top.

Hi,

I use the wall tool to create fencing.

I would like to add gates using the door tool but cannot work out how to turn off the frame so that the 3d view shows a clear opening.

I currently end up breaking the wall and create a 3rd wall at 45degrees to mimic the gate.

Thanks

James

If you want your gate to be open in 3D views:

Double click on the gate (door PIO);

Go to "3D Visualization;"

Check "Draw 3D Open;"

And set the "Open Angle:"

HTH

Assign the Interior and Exterior jamb to a hidden class in the Door>Settings>Classes panel

Years ago I used the Handrail (straight) PIO and configured a variety of Fence Styles. Although not perfect it made for a very quick approximation especially when stretched between Post symbols made for this purpose.

The top rail was removed by assigning to a class that gets turned off. Unfortunately this is limited to the shapes possible with the Railing PIO and no pickets or dog ears, etc.

Always wondered why something like this wasn't part of the program.

First, thanks to all the responses. They have all been helpful.

Wes, yours is the winner. Setting the Door Jamb width to zero and the heights of the door and wall to be the same gives the desired result.

Thanks again.

Years ago I used the Handrail (straight) PIO and configured a variety of Fence Styles. Although not perfect it made for a very quick approximation especially when stretched between Post symbols made for this purpose.

The top rail was removed by assigning to a class that gets turned off. Unfortunately this is limited to the shapes possible with the Railing PIO and no pickets or dog ears, etc.

Always wondered why something like this wasn't part of the program.

You can also combine multiple handrail pios to form more complicated fences/railings, even whole screens...

Hi all, 

I wanted to add a door to a fence what would be the best way to proceed? Create a fence and plunk a door in it which won't look good is there any other way of doing this?