snap point? smart point?

When I move the object with the end point to the middle line (the other object)

it doest show the other smart point just as the red square, so i always can't fit the object in the right way..

how can I move it to any object (not in the end or middle point of the object) and can fit it perfectly?

Not sure why it's not working. Are you in Top Plan? Try zooming. There are also prefs for lag time of point and edge acquisition - dbl click any item in the snap palette to see the snap pref dialog.

For me, the Move by Points tool is better than Select/Drag in many situations. Seems it finds snap points and edges pretty well.

What you experience might be a problem with Vectorworks. 3d points and edges do not always acquire - newer versions handle this better. Also, point acquisition success depends on which tool is active, view (top plan is pretty reliable), Screen/Layer plane mode, and even order of selection (easy to acquire first point, subsequent snap points are not always acquired).

For instance . If Top/Plan, Screen Plane - view contains a cylinder and a planar circle. Copy circle, hover over top of cylinder to acquire center of cylinder, click to set insertion point, then Paste. The snap was acquired, so circle should paste to the cylinder center. Does not. Why? Move by points can place the circle at center of cylinder.

-B