Extruding Copper Beech Moldings

Can someone tell me how to extrude a Copper Beech molding profile for a 3D model? Once dragged into a drawing, what's the process? It seems, whatever I try, I?m unable to extrude these so I can place them into some furniture models I'm working on. I believe one needs to ungroup, decompose or convert but just haven't found the correct way to do this. Thanks in advance for any assistance here. On 2014 Architect/Renderworks now.

Edited by skfurn

Thanks but "Ungroup" doesn't seem to change anything. I've tried editing the symbol, ungrouping it, grouping it, composing, convert to polylines, etc, etc....all kinds of ways have been tried but still...I just can't extrude it. There must be some simple answer to this but.... :-( just can't figure this one out.

A major wishlist item for me is be able to base EAP geometery on a Symbol. No need to ungroup or cut and paste. OzCad's 3D Manager which is now obsolete had this capability 15 years ago. In this way the same symbol can be used as the base for numerous various paths and one point of change is reflected on each of the paths that reference the symbol.

Another major deficiency that was lost with 3D Manager was to allow the textures of the individual components inside the EAP to be used by Renderworks. We used to be able to extrude a gutter, fascia, soffit, and frieze in a single object but achieve independent textures for each material based on the classes of the objects inside the reference symbol. Currently in VW this would require 3 or 4 independent EAP's each with their own class. A revision such as a change in overhang then requires changes to multiple EAP's instead of just one.

The only thing current EAP's have over 3D Manager from over 15 years ago is that EAP's are co-planer...a major gain in productivity but unfortunately not without having to take 2 steps back at the same time.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
A major wishlist item for me is be able to base EAP geometery on a Symbol. No need to ungroup or cut and paste. OzCad's 3D Manager which is now obsolete had this capability 15 years ago. In this way the same symbol can be used as the base for numerous various paths and one point of change is reflected on each of the paths that reference the symbol.

Make sure to pop wishlist items in the wishlist forum please, I don't always notice them when they are embedded in other threads. (Unless you know the feature has already been submitted.)