Stability of the Attributes Mapping Tool

ChadL

The attributes mapping tool cause my VW to crash just about every time I use it. In fact if it lets me do anything I immediately save it because I know the next adjustment will cause it to crash. I have literally crashed VW 25 times trying to use this tool.

This has been a MAJOR issue for me as well over the last few weeks. This vital tool is unfortunately a crash-monster, though I haven't been to find any 'repeatable' bugs. Two things it seems to dislike are working with meshes, and hitting ESC when in the middle of a 2D or 3D rotation. These seemed to make up 85% of my crashes...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am guessing it was attribute mapping of a texture on a 3D object? (Just going by which forum it was posted in.)

Could either of you send me that texture and that object for testing here? The address in my signature will work fine.

I normally won't need the entire file for this, just the object that mapping is being done on and the texture/attribute that is being mapped to it.

Yes, on 3D objects.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to care what type of 3D object or what texture. It's happened numerous times across different files, on different computers, and for people other than myself. (I watched a student fiddling with this tool yesterday and within a few minutes her VW crashed).

I'll send you a file with an object and texture that just recently crashed. However, after it crashed I was able to open the file and perform virtually the same steps and it worked fine. The inconsistency is what really bothers me... It crashes a lot but I can't pinpoint any cause. Let us know if you discover anything!

Thanks Jim!

-Andy