Solids substractions Reversing

GAMO

Hi Guys!Well this time We're in serious trouble: We've been making a 3D model of an steel structure of a building during a month, full of extrusions of beams (about 300 beams) with solid substractions of holes, etc. The file also have many saved views of every piece of steel in the model. While switching from one view to another all of the solid substraction were reversed (I mean the substracted object now is the substraction!!!), it happens in about 90% of the substractions!!!Is there a way to fix this? (the file was already saved by the detailer).I tried to fix going into each group of the substraction and then going back to top level and it works!....the question is: Do I have to fix one by one???Hope you can help me!Bye

Additional information:Windows XP UserVector Works Architect 9.5Vector Works Mechanical 9.5File Size 105 MB

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by GAMO:
I tried to fix going into each group of the substraction and then going back to top level and it works!....the question is: Do I have to fix one by one???

You can try changing the 3-D conversion resolution. That will trigger some (but not all) subtractions to regenerate themselves.

Also consider making symbols of subtractions if they're identical. It makes your drawing file much smaller, recomputation times shorter (the symbol regenerates, not each instance of it), and reduces the risk of something like this happening (although I have not heard of this particular problem before.)