Drawing Label & Numbering

Kevin McAllister

Question

I would like to see the drawing label numbering made smarter so that it sees drawing labels that are directly on the sheet layer (ie. instead of being associated with a sheet layer viewport specifically). I often place reference photos on sheets and use the drawing label to label them in sequence with other drawing elements. The automatic numbering gets confused by this. I know I could put them on a design layer and use a sheet layer viewport as a workaround but I would like the flexibility to be added. The automatic numbering also gets confused if you put a sheet layer viewport in a group. It would be great to sort these issues out.

Thanks,

Kevin

3 answers to this question

I've found that automatic numbering also gets confused when you duplicate a Viewport.

On a related note, it would also be awesome if the Drawing Number field were added to the Viewport Object Info Palette (similar to how you can currently change the Drawing Title without having to go into Annotations).

Thanks!

-Andy

Edited by AEB
On a related note, it would also be awesome if the Drawing Number field were added to the Viewport Object Info Palette (similar to how you can currently change the Drawing Title without having to go into Annotations).

I agree Andy. I've wished for that before. Section and detail viewports allow this but standard ones don't.

Another longstanding wish regarding viewports I'd love to see resolved is the issue of drawing name vs. viewport name. I wish they were one in the same or that drawing names instead of viewport names were used for bookmarks in PDF files generated by VW.

Kevin

Bump this wish for VW2017. I suspect there's a big rebuild of how Sheet Layer Viewports work so this may be why its still outstanding. Many of us have wished for this in the past, but I couldn't find the proper Wishlist threads. It happens to be the first thing I check when I start up a new version......

KM