Jaggies in Fast RW Perspective

I can't figure this out. Why am I getting such huge aliasing in Renderworks perspective views and viewports?

Same in FQRW as in the Fast RW. OGL is fine.

Tried 1200 dpi on the VP, no better. Drawing pref or raster DPI is set at 150.

Drawing is 1:500 scale. Objects are within a few hundred feet of drawing origin.

Any ideas welcome.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10598&filename=Perspective%20FastRW.pngubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10599&filename=Ortho%20FastRW.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10600&filename=SLVP%20Perspective%20OGL.pngubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10601&filename=SLVP%20Perspective%20FastRW.png

Edited by Benson Shaw

I have a same machine as yours almost, but I have 16GB of RAM. That happened to me before. I think the graphic card is warming up. Save and close your file, shut your machine down for a while. When you re-opened your file, make some adjustments i.e. shut down all objects that you can not see I views. Re-render to see what happens.

All -

The jaggies are only on planar objects ie 2d linework, only in perspective views in in Renderworks modes, incl Custom RW with highest anti aliasing. OGL and Poly renders are OK.

Jaggies in both Deslgn Layers and VPs.

Looks like Renderworks rasterizes 2d objects in perspective views.

Toggle Planar option in VPs, makes the 2d objects invisible, so no jaggies.

3d objects seem to have no trouble.

Yes, lots of zoom, but this is a large site with need to show details.

Same result in a new file with one rectangle set to perspective RW. Zoom reveals the jags.

Yes - this could be an issue with my graphics card. Restart does not alter the jaggies. See attached test file and screenshot of DL in perspective RW. Pink object is 2d rectangle, blue box is an extruded rectangle.

Thanks for looking.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10609&filename=Jaggies.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It is most likely not your card if you are getting it on planar objects and not others. (Usually if its something with the card specifically the problems are all or nothing.) And I have seen related problems with planar geometry doing this before.

I'll take a closer look and see if I can parse out the issues to be submitted.

Side note: OpenGL got a bunch of upgrades recently and has been handling planar geometry better than RW does.

Edited by JimW
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is related to a bug report I reported. The bizarre thing about this bug is that the zoom level effects the severity of the problem - even on sheet layers. I created a viewport on a new 300 DPI sheet layer in your file. I then copied the viewport 3 more times. With the document zoom set to 100%, I rendered the first viewport, then zoomed to 200% and rendered the second, and so on... I've attached the results. In all 4 viewports, the settings are exactly the same. The only difference was the document zoom level at the time they were updated.

Bizarre as this is, you might be able to experiment with sheet layer viewports and zoom levels until you find a sweet (or less bitter) spot. I did this for a project and found 800% gave me the best in my situation. I then placed a large note to myself (just outside the page) to remind me to zoom to that before rendering.