Image/Bitmap rendering in Perspective/Orthogonal

I'm curious why images will only render in Orthogonal view in render works and not in perspective views?

I would like to figure out a workflow with the hundreds of signage pieces i have to put in a 3D model and be able to pull worksheet info out of their dimensions and locations. Really wish they showed up in Renderworks views.

I guess I could use image props? Some of them won't be on the vertical plane. Image props tend to be a lot slower to select and move around than a simple image imported into the layer.

Edited by Justin Smith
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should be possible unless the issue is one that bcd has mentioned above, unless the Renderworks modes you are using is an Artistic or another that does not render objects with their normal attributes.

I am able to see bitmap images in Vectorworks 2014 in Final Quality Renderworks, Fast Renderworks, etc in both perspective and non perspective views in a test document and would expect it to work that way.

If you try what was suggested and still have no luck getting the images to appear, send me the file at my address below referencing this thread and I can have a look.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The images are actually on the same exact height as the surface of the model, move them up slightly (.1mm should be enough, just enough to get it off the face) and you will see the images in any rendering mode.

The various rendering modes handle Z fighting (what it is called when two objects share the same plane) differently in different projections, so if you see it in some and not others, or if it flickers randomly when you use the flyover in OpenGL, you'll know you need to move it off the face of the other object(s).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...