Object snap - can you turn off "object" only?

Is there a way to disable the "object" snap without disabling snap to corners and other particular object points? I'm getting a lot of inaccuracy using 9.5 when I intend to snap to a corner but inadvertantly snap to some random "object" point. Can this mode be customized (VW 8.5.3, VW 9.5.2, VW 10.0.1)?

P4 2.2

WinXP

I see. You want to get things like center, corner, top, etc. But you do not want to get "object".

You can't have it both ways in VW.

One thing you can do is to turn off smart cursor cues. This is good and bad. It's bad because you do not see the word of the cue. It's good because you won't get "object" and the cursor will change to an arrow with a small dot next to it when you are at corner, center, top, etc.

Katie,

Yess!! that is what I was getting at. Sorry that I can't have what I want! I'll put this on the wish list, since it seems the code to exclude "Object" already exists, it just doesn't operate when smart cursor cues are on. My current work-around, which has alleviated the problem somewhat, is to increase the snap radius.

[ 12-05-2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]