Door Hardware?

I'm having a hard time manipulating door hardware in 2014 (not that I really understood it in 2013). In a file that I brought in from 2013, I would like to change a door knob. But the door hardware options are no longer listed where they used to be. I'm assuming this is some library organization issue? But there are a bunch of hardware "set" options that all seem to be empty. Any help would be much appreciated.

Amelia

VW 2013

Why can you click on the Door Tool in Building Tool Sets, click on the Door Settings Preferences, choose Hardware on the left section, put a tick mark on Include Hardware, and there you can choose any of may varieties you want? If you want anything more customized than those, you may as well model it yourself.

That's what I can't do. On this list (that I've attached), the only thing that actually shows hardware is "Current Hardware Set." With any other option selected, the hardware disappears in the preview.

There are door hardware symbols shown in my current file resource browser. They appear on other doors in the file. I can't even switch between those much less add a new hardware set.