Parking Space Tool

I just used the Parking Space tool, 1st time ever. Works great for the curb side angle parking in an urban plan. Couple things:

I want 4" wide stripes rather than lines. Solution was to draw a rectangle over end parking space line, distribute it with the Move by Points tool, Delete the parking space object (or I could leave it underneath). This would get tedious for a giant parking lot or lines of spaces with differing sizes, etc. Is there some better way? Should I wish for addition of a stripe width parameter in the PIO?

Anyone have experience with new config in USA angle parking layout on city streets? Tool default seems to match common practice (18' stripe, 9' width). But cars are trending smaller and more spaces are in demand. Are cities trying 8.5' width or shorter depth? All spaces would not have to accommodate all (large) vehicles. Or?

Thx

-B

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same wish for the parking space line width (should be real world dimension). It should also have a bit of depth too so that it shows up in 3D. I'd like this a lane stripe tool too.

I think parking dimensions and lane dimensions are downward trending in progressive US cities. NACTO has some info on lane widths, didn't see anything on parking, but recent form based codes might be another place to look. http://nacto.org/

Dillon