Elevations

Thanks guys. I was hoping that there might be a way to control the depth of the render view as we are able to do with sections. Guess not. Perhaps the easiest solution is to control the interior classes. I have also made line copies of the image and edited the line copy, not particularly convenient if we're doing schematic design options.

I appreciate your thoughts.

visard

Create a Section Viewport on the outside of your model (looking towards it) and use that for your Elevation. Then you can set how "far" the cut plane extends. The Section Line even has options to change the markers to "Elevation" standard ones. I think that was the original idea behind them - use it for both Sections and Elevations. At least I've always done that.

One drawback to this approach, Monadnoc, is that the Section Viewport can no longer be used for future sectioning. As a workaround, I overlay a source VP with all layers off (thus invisible) and section this. Not ideal, especially if you chose to move the visible VP and forget about the source. :o

Any other workflows?

• 2 weeks later...