Sign in to follow this  
willcfg

Isometric Viewport to only show items in a specific area?

I'm trying to create an isometric viewport for individual rooms and only want the items that are within the room to show.

Attached is a screenshot showing the problem. When I draw the selection box around the room I want to render in an isometric view, it shows items in the room next to it.

In the isometric view, where the PC's are at the back of the room, you can see part of the furniture in the other room, is there anyway to stop this?

One way is to use a discreet Class for the contents of each room. Then in the VP, make all other Room's Classes invisible.

Hi Peter,

The 3D element of each furniture symbol is already assigned to classes to give them a certain colour when I come to do the Final Shaded Polygon render. Is there anyway to assign them to 2 different classes..?

Peter, you're a genius! I Created a new class for each room and turned them off as and when needed and it worked a treat. Thanks!

Now for my next question...we have a whole floor we need to produce Final Shaded Polygon renders for (individual A3 PDF each room), when I turn the classes off and only leave the current room in view, will it render everything else in the background, or just the selected room?

For a whole floor, use a Design Layer. The interwoven matrix of Layers and Classes is one of the most brilliant things about VW's.

This is where the 3d Crop would come in very useful

+100 for 3d crop..... I remember wishing for this long ago. Creating 2d viewports of 3d views needs specific 3d tools....

KM

I'll add this thread to the existing request for 3D cropping.

One of the easiest and best workarounds is to create a Wall (or just an Extrude) placed between the room you want to show and what is beyond (in any particular view). Create a Class for each instance of the Masking Wall you need to create and make sure that that Class is visible in the appropriate VP's...

From the sheet layer, cant you create a cropped viewport with a polygon object that can be neatly tucked only around the objects you want to render?

It's been a while, but I remember doing this often for isometric views.

The idea of a 3D Viewport Crop sounds interesting; it seems like it could function quite similarly to the Clip Cube or even somehow be tied in with it?

It definitely sounds like a useful request!