Hanging when rendering in Hidden line.

I've been haveing the weird thing happen lately. I will be working on a simple modle in 3D, and everything will be fine. I look at a Hidden Line or Dashed Hidden Line render in an ISO view, perspective or other custom view. then if i try to render in a standard view (front, back, right, left, top bottom), VWX hangs. it never recovers. this happens in viewports, or design layer/sheet layers. I think it might have something to do with generic solids with a circular subtraction...but i don't know. it doesn't matter what settings i use...high or low. it doesn't seem to matter how heavy the model is after a certain point. a cube with a hole in it, no big deal. but render a solid addition/subraction object with a hole in it...whole other story.

also, open gl, wireframe are fine. no issues.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you place one of those solid subtractions with a hole in it into a file by itself, does it render then, or still crash?

If you convert that object to a generic solid (Modify > Convert > Convert to Generic Solids) does it then render either in the original file or in the file by itself?

In any case, please send me that file/object at the address in my signature and I can have a closer look.