Viewport insertion point gone crazy

OK. Searched with no success.

I have a drawing that I have been working on for about 2 months, with no problems and no crashes (on this file). I have created two design layers, and referenced architectural and survey layers from another VW file. Today, I edited the architectural source file, saved it, and when I updated the reference in my destination drawing, the viewports with the referenced information became blank; they appeared to have no information in them, even though layers and classes were checked.

When I deleted the viewports, and created new viewports, the new viewports come into my drawing with crazy coordinates: 2,703,363,600'-0" away from the 0'-0" of my destination drawing. That 2.7 trillion feet away. Literally to the moon and back just about anywhere in orbit you are when you leave.

The new viewports are correctly aligned to each other, but still off by this amazing distance. The source file shows all its information in the correct, and logical, location, around the 0'-0" origin.

This is a real problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks hippothamus,

I'm just doing a referenced viewport of another 2014 VW file. It is a house, and the drawings are at an early stage, so the files are not large or complex. I re-created the viewports, and each time they come in to my drawing, the destination file, way out in space.

I will look into the origin issue. It is odd, however, that the 0-0 origin appears correct in my drawing, and in the architectural drawing. The screw up occurs when doing a referenced viewport.

I did ultimately delete my design layers that were the location for the referenced viewports. The new layers performed correctly, so there must have been some problem with those layers. But the 'why' is still open for discussion.