Curved vs Straight Landscape walls - Retaining edge options missing ??

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Would you mind sending me your site model with those two types of retaining wall on it? It doesn't need to be the entire file, just the model and those two modifiers.(The address in my signature, please.)

I did a quick test here with a site model I created quickly and didn't see the issue, but I have heard reports of this behavior before.

Got your file, something is amiss. I am seeing the same behavior you are, but you seem to have done everything right. Even after stripping away all site modifiers but one of the straight retaining walls, I am still getting errors about intersecting pads, even when I disable its own grade limits setting.

Going to keep at it, I will let you know if it ends up being something for bugsubmit.

Any luck with this, I can't seem to get the retaining edge of straight landscaping walls working even if I copy/paste my DTM source data in a new file and re-create the DTM from that (you can find it under class: Site-DTM-SourceObjs ,not the datums but the polys are the ones)....

Just to give us all confidence of not chasing ghost, attached is a shoot of a PDF dated Dec 17, 2013...and they were working?

If I edit the site model source data, select it all and copy it, then in a new blank document, create a site model from those 3D contours, it seems to modify the site correctly when I draw a straight landscape wall and apply the same overall grade limit you had in the original.

Let me know if you get the same results if you perform the same steps.

Something is still amiss, just trying to locate it specifically.

Its possible, however in your file once I turn on all layers and classes, i see multiple Site Model objects configured similarly, was this intentional? I have had this cause problems before when they are at the same location and have modifiers on the same layers.

Brain Squisher here Jim!

So I manage to fix the problem but I will let your programmers figure out why this happens;

1. simply select the 2 straight landcaping walls.

2. In the OIP change their current class to "none" class

3. Update the site model (note it does not highlight asking to be updated?)

...Can I be your beta tester now!