white lines image fill

If I use image fills in e.g. polygons I get fine white square lines when I print them.

The size of the squares with the fine white border lines correspond with the Image settings I length and J length. It seems to me that VW is tiling the image fill but not without grooves (didn't find a better word?)

Does anybody know how to avoid these white lines or am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks

VW Landmark 2014

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

HP Plotter

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like it was adressed (at least the cause in the previous case) by SP2 or SP3, are you updated to either of those versions already?

If not, go ahead and do so:

http://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/ServicePack.php?major=2014&servicepack=3

If so and the problem still happens, send me a file where you see it after printing, please:

tech@vectorworks.net

Edited by JimW

Hi JimW,

thanks for the very quick reply, I am on SP 3.

New clean file simple rectangle image fill Nature Gras, maybe you can see the problem if you do the same and zoom into the drawing, thats what I get printed.

In a scale of 1:1000 I do not see much but in a scale of 1:500 I see it clearly.

Edited by Uli
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Seeing it too now when I am at over 5,000% zoom. I have seen a few odd issues appear when at extreme zoom levels like that.

If you create a viewport and alter the scale of it to get the size you want, but remaining at 100% zoom on the sheet layer, do you see the same lines?

In any case I'll submit this as an issue now.

Edited by JimW