copying light schemes between files gets problematic

When I try to copy lights from one document and paste them into another document, the new lights pasted don't appear in the visualization window. Well, they appear as nameless spaces, and are uneditable from the visualization window. When I reassign channels by double clicking on these lights in the 3d space, the visualization window still doesn't see or recognize their names. (It's not a problem with the light symbol importing, because if I use the imported symbol to place new lights in the scene, those DO appear in the visualization window.)

Is there a way I can copy the lighting scheme from one document into another without this problem? is there a way to export or import an entire VectorWorks file, so that the visualization window data imports with the lights? (For example, if someone else builds the set model in another file and I want to add my lighting scheme to that.)

Edited by Stage63
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I was not able to replicate that issue here in Vectorworks 2013 or 2014 on OS X. Please send in the files you attempted to copy to and from to tech@vectorworks.net along with a description of your issue and we will take a look.