Symbol lines disappear

tpenna

I don't know if I can ask questions about third-party add-ons here, but here goes...

I purchased the SoftSymbols ETC 3.5 combo pack and dropped a S4-50* Lustr into my plot. Everything was great, but then the lines of the symbols disappeared. It happened after I created a class, changed the pen color and selected Use At Creation, then Yes To All. When I got back to my drawing, the S4-50* Lustrs are still there, but the lines of the symbols cannot be seen. I can't seem to undo (ctrl-z) what I did to get the lines to come back.

Any ideas?

Its likely the "Use at Creation" that did it. If something changed with the class they are being inserted with (ie. the class that shows in the OIP when you select the symbol) then you need to change it to be visible. If something changed with a class within the symbol itself the easiest is to reimport the symbol into the document as this will restore its original settings. You could copy and paste from another document or import it through the Resource Browser.

KM

It seems that if I have the "Black and white only" setting turned on when inserting the S4-50* Lustr, everything works fine. I can then go and turn the b&w setting off and the lines are still there. It's just when inserting the lights with b&w off that the lines don't appear.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That likely means the line isn't set to invisible by class, but a color you aren't able to see with the current background.

You can confirm this both with that B&W Only option, as well as going to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display and checking "Black Background", which will often reveal the lines as well.

If that is the case, then its normally a matter of changing the class attributes for those lines to a visible color.