lights are not moving with my light position object

The lights on a batten are not moving with the batten. It's registered as a Light Position Objects and all lights are assigned to that object, letter for letter. In fact, when I change the name of the light position object, and click on each light to edit it, it updated the name of the light position object, so they are assigned to it.

Nevertheless, when I drag the batten up and down (or side to side), the lights refuse to move.

3 out of 4 battens are doing this. I'd rather not remake the symbols from scratch.

Can someone please help?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Each lighting position must be uniquely named. It can not share a name with anything else in the document. I've seen cases where the lighting position has been forced to change its name because the name was in use by another object.

With the lighting position selected look at the Position Name filed and the name at the bottom of the OIP.

Are they all the same? I've seen cases where thy do not match and that will cause problems.

Make sure that name agrees with that's in the Lighting Devices' Position field.