Script to change objects in groups to Layer Plane

• 2 months later...

Any suggestions why the Plane Mode plug-in won't install for me in VW 2014? I had it back in 2013. I continue to struggle with files from other people that are terrible mixes of layer/screen plane objects, and collaborators who seem not to pay attention, and my own system that seems to occasionally have switched modes without telling me.

I'm using the new Plug-Ins Manager, Third-Pary Plug-Ins, Install, select .zip file, and restart VW. No dice.

Have others successfully installed it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

EDIT: I got this to work. The plug-ins manager was copying the files with non-English (I think) characters that VW didn't recognize [Objects to Γ?Layer PlaneΓ?]. Renaming them in the file system fixed the problem.

Brian

VW2104, Mac OS X 10.9

Edited by Bri

The plugin works for me in 2014, sp3, on a mac running 10.7.5. Perhaps it is related to your OS?

In my opinion, the screen vs layer plane mode is one of the most dysfunctional and confusing aspects of 3D Vectorworks. Screen mode seems like a legacy function that really should just go away. There must be some reason why it hasn't....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I installed the .zip file using the third party plugin installer and then when I tried to quit VWX it froze. I force quit and now I can't even start VWX. Any suggestions? I'd really prefer not to reinstall if possible. Thanks!

Edit: Going to try renaming the plugin without the quotes in the name like Pi_ probably did....

Edited by ford519
  • 2 years later...