Node Based Interface

Kevin McAllister

Question

Its probably great for someone that VW added Python scripting in VW2014 but for the average user its no more accessible than Vectorscript. What we really need is something like the Grasshopper interface for Rhino. This would give the power back to the users. Need a PIO, just build it. Here's a great example of a parametric object generated in Rhino using Grasshopper -

Imagine what could be done in VW by the average user with an interface that's just as simple and powerful.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have not seen the final version, even if I had I would not be able to give exact details yet, but it will still require some learning.

I can not code at all, but was able to learn similar node-based UIs for scripting in 3DS Max pretty rapidly. If it isn't intuitive enough on its own, I will be lobbying for a training package with multiple examples to be available immediately upon release of the feature, something that the other scripting packages lacked that would have made them more accessible to new users/users new to scripting.

I have not seen the final version, even if I had I would not be able to give exact details yet, but it will still require some learning.

I can not code at all, but was able to learn similar node-based UIs for scripting in 3DS Max pretty rapidly. If it isn't intuitive enough on its own, I will be lobbying for a training package with multiple examples to be available immediately upon release of the feature, something that the other scripting packages lacked that would have made them more accessible to new users/users new to scripting.

This so cool.. Just when I was writing my own plugins :| .. This would 'almost' make a skillset in vectorscript coding obsolete..

Anyhow.. looking forward to this.