Selection Option Default reset to Lasso

This is on an older MacBook Pro with VW 2012 I use on the road. s

Some how, the default Selection by Polygon option - has changed to Lasso. This is cumbersome as it is not the desired option to my workflow. (... of the last decade or so.)

So when I expect the Polygon selection option I get the Lasso. It is NOT always what happens, but I have yet to determine the conditions. ie: selection from the keyboard, exiting a group etc.

I assumed that it was some key combination (ala Claris CAD - which would be a great feature in VW) that let me set / reset the default option to Lasso, and I just did it by accident. I am unable to locate this feature in the documentation.

On occasions, I think I have reset it by Command selecting the Polygon option, but the auto Lasso still returns. - Curious ...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The "I" key should toggle it, but it really should leave as default whatever the last mode used was.

If you open a new blank file, set the mode of the Selection tool to Polygonal Marquee, then close the application, when you re-open it, does the selection mode remain?

" ... If you open a new blank file, set the mode of the Selection tool to Polygonal Marquee, then close the application, when you re-open it, does the selection mode remain?"

NO

1. File / New - Create Blank Document

2. (The Selection Option is set to Lasso by default)

3. Select the Polygon Option

4. Quit VectorWorks

5. Restart VectorWorks

6. Selection option is reset to Lasso

Quick test with several tools - Most return to the last selected option - Text and rounded rectangle, for example did not.

This inconvenience is not a critical issue. What I was hoping for? I had stumbled into a way to selectively change defaults - especially the options - so that one used the most returns as the default. (A functional feature from the long dead Claris CAD)