insufficient memory using render bitmap tool

bjoerka

It doesn?t even start to render. The dialog appears directly after releasing the mouse ;-)

but... when i set the dpi to 20 a size of what you can see in the screenshot show up with 7600px by 8000px in 32bit...

strange. the screen resolution is set to 1920x1200px

Edited by bjoerka

Of Course i do.

But while working in the office, i use an external display as my primary and keep the macbookpro topcase closed.

So i testes it now with my macbook retina display again and the result is the same.

It seems that VW doesn?t recognize that the external display is running with a different resolution. And of course the dpi settings (to me) seem to work as a multiplier....

Maybe someone from the staff can say something to that..

bjoern

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It doesn't use the Retina size to determine the bitmap size in pixels, only the page size. I suspect your page is very small relative to the model. The layer scale determines this, are you sure it isn't set to something like 1:1?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The render bitmap tool's DPI is relative to the page, so that you can generate 300 DPI renderings multiple times, for example. If it were relative to the document window size or something else then the results would change depending on what zoom level you are currently at, which is not as predictable as doing it relative to the page.

We used to have limits from MacOS of a width of 4096 pixels but now we go ahead and try to make the bitmap as large as is requested, so then free memory is the limit.