Cloud Services: rendering progress

I have some good news on the Cloud Services rendering front since this thread:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=170360

Server software and hardware has recently been updated and the good news is today it rendered the most complex file I could throw at it.

The bad news is it screwed up some textures and skipped some section viewport data. See attached screenshots. The first one is a section viewport and should be showing a section through a building, but it only shows some polygons I added to the Annotations layer. The second one is a elevation viewport and that blue green colour should be a yellow brick.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10364&filename=section-viewport.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10365&filename=elevation.png

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to fix the file (in a sledge hammer kind of way + submit a bug)

And I can happily report that cloud services is now able to render our biggest file.

Thanks Buzz, attached is a screenshot of the street elevation (you can see at the bottom right, ground floor, where I haven't resolved the texture problem in one part of the model).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christiaan,

Do you have to render your viewports before you upload them to cloud services? I have been testing it and despite having Bcckground Render set to RW & Foreground HL set my pdf's come back with wireframe rendering in the viewports?

I don't understand the benefit if I have to render all of the viewports before I put it in the cloud, I might as well just export it locally?

Tim

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Christiaan,

Do you have to render your viewports before you upload them to cloud services? I have been testing it and despite having Bcckground Render set to RW & Foreground HL set my pdf's come back with wireframe rendering in the viewports?

I don't understand the benefit if I have to render all of the viewports before I put it in the cloud, I might as well just export it locally?

Tim

Cloud Services SHOULD be performing those renderings for you. If the PDFs come back wireframe and the rendering modes for those viewports weren't set to wireframe, contact us at tech@vectorworks.net (or your local distributor) and we can have a look.

General info for anyone coming across this thread:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/998/Vectorworks+Cloud+Services+FAQ+

• 1 month later...