Snapping to invisible classes

JoshW

Describe a bit more.

In Design Layers if:

? Class A is set to invisible and

? Active class is Class B and

? Class visibility is set to Show/Snap/Modify others

Then objects assigned to Class A do not appear on screen, and do not provide snaps.

Viewports have override options which could defeat the Design Layer visibility limits.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have had the snapping options become "stuck" on occasion.

If you encounter this again, turn off ALL the items in the snapping palette, save and close the file, then open it again and re-enable the desired snapping options.

If it still seems to be snapping inappropriately after that, or if that fixes it, let me know.

It snaps to the right areas (i.e. endpoints, midpoint, etc.) when I am trying to snap. The issue is a bit like what Benson describes.

For example:

I have a SLVP and I am dimensioning in the annotations. The scale is set to 1/8" so for clarity I turn off the Wall-GWB & Wall-Sheathing classes and only have the Wall-Stud class on. However, when I go to snap to the endpoint of the wall, the endpoint of those components still shows up.

Or if I have something like the plumbing fixtures or furniture turned off, the snapping points for those objects still "grab" the cursor if I'm near their points.

• 2 years later...

If there is a newer thread please direct me.  I have just started in VW16 and I have this problem as well.  I have done the unstucking process recommended by Jim. 

It seems the only way to prevent this is to activate the class I want to snap to, and change the class options to Show Others.  This however still yields phantom snaps to wall components.

Advice?  Scripts to fix it?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...