Visibility Tool enhancements

VincentCuclair

Question

I would like the visibility tool to be developed so as to acquire functionality to manipulate settings inside PIOs, Symbols, References etc.

A very blatant example is the ID tag in Doors and Windows, you can't hide the ID tag in doors and windows using the visibility tool though they generally are assigned to their own classes.

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So instead of just being aware of the Class and Layer of whatever whole object was clicked on, it would be able to understand component classes, or the display settings of sub-objects within PIOs as well?

Such as:

Door/Window swings

Wall Components

Sub-classes within symbols

Plant linework

?

I would think making this an additional mode of the Visibility would be the cleanest way to add it, as if it was always searching for objects within objects it could become difficult to use the tool in its original manner.

Exactly Jim, a mode option would be good as a setting however I would also like it if it would work temporarily when holding down a certain key for use on the fly, perhaps this could even be incorporated into the x-ray select mode (B-key) seeing it would work in a similar fashion.

Edited by Vincent C