Displaying existing and proposed site sections overlaid.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Is there a way to display existing and proposed contours/grade in a site section, one atop the other?

I have a (proposed) site model that I have cut a section through. It has numerous pad modifiers & grade limit modifiers for a series of buildings, so the terrain changes a fair bit. Now I am needing to show, overlaid on the proposed section, what the slope of the site was originally, before/without all the pads.

Is there a "built-in" way to do this? If not, what might be the best workaround?

Thanks in advance,

-Neil

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Neil

Draw a Polyline (with the Polyline tool) across the Top/Plan view of the Site Model. Choose AEC > Terrain > Site Model Section. Complete the dialog, choosing the colours you would like for each profile and how often you want data annotations etc. Click OK. VW will draw a 2D section through the site, showing the existing and proposed site profiles. This is not a live section, nor is it a viewport. So, if the site updates, you will need to delete it and repeat the process to create a new one.

Hope that helps

• Like 1