EVENT SEATING--"Shape is too small"

I can manually layout tables--place chairs. But when I try and use the tool; I get a chart with "0" tables and an error across the drawing; "Shape is too small for seating layout.".

What am I doing wrong?

A drawing that I did in VW2010 was fine with its seating, now it says, when converted and opened in VW2014, the same thing. All manually-placed seats are there--all placed using the tool are missing. (Same setting?)

Whatever help is greatful!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks 2014 has been handling the spacing along the edges of Seating Layout objects differently in my experience.

In prior versions it would run the seats all the way up to the edge, or at least closer, than it does in 2014. When these files are converted to 2014, the spacing along the edges is adjusted (which is an act I do not feel should occur) and the user needs to manually re-adjust the space in order to return their seating layout to its previous state.

I have submitted this as an issue recently, I'll find the case and add this thread to it.