VW Architect vs designer

Hello to all ... I hope someone can help me . My work is Architecture / interiors / furniture design ..I am trying to decide on which Vectorworks package to invest in, I know the Architect takes care of most architecture .. but do I have to have the designer package to get the most of the software for Interiors and Product design , specifically modeling in 3d for Furniture design .. reason is budget obviously .. I would love to get the designer package and be done .. but I really wont have use to stage design/ mechanical engineering and so forth ... any advise is greatly appreciated . Thank you to all

Get the basic package you think you will need, then in a year or so once you've overcome the learning curve, if you feel you need more just pay the differential upgrade cost. It won't cost more because you will have saved the year or more differential cost while your learning.

Also, you will most likely want to add Renderworks.

Thank you for your help . From what I gathered , the architect package would only miss the Advanced Lighting and Advanced Landscape ... I am assuming though that it would still contain basic lighting and basic Landscaping ..which would be OK with me , I was just afraid that the Architect version wont have the full 3D modeling capability ( only in designer ) but it doesnt seem to be the case .

i started with landscape then "side-graded" to designer a couple of years later, and that worked fine for me. the modeling tools are pretty much the same in all package, you just don't get all of the industry specific tools. with architect, you get the terrain modeler, which is important.

i agree that you should spring for renderworks. the ability to work with textures and cameras is essential in my opinion.

cheers,

ray

I use Architect with Renderworks. I'm able to use the furniture models that come with that package, as well as create my own when needed. I model many of the props I use to make the room look lived in and real.

I'd love to have the advanced lighting tools, but I'm able to do reasonably well with those that come with the package. I have been considering adding a rendering package such as C4D to help my renders go to the next level, but haven't been able to convince the "powers that be" here that it is necessary.

I've attached two images from a small kitchen job to show the rendering I've achieved with Renderworks. I typically do these to present to a client before we've been contracted. We never give out any drawings of any kind before being contracted with a non-refundable deposit. These images are presented using an iPad in the client's home, and do a wonderful job of convincing the client that they've chosen the right firm.