3D model of Harley Motorcycles

Hi

I am in need of a 3D model of a Harley Davidson Motorcycle , or 2 different ones if poss. Does any one have one or point me in the direction of where i can find them. I have client who needs them for drawing i am doing for him. He is happy to pay for it. He keeps sending me Skp files of bikes but i can not do any thing with them are part from the basic positioning and the white render and he wants them coloured fully.

If any one can help in any way would be great.

Jon

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It is possible to open the SKP in Sketchup, then export it to 3DS, which can be imported into Vectorworks with some degree of color and texture.

However, I am not sure if the free version of Sketchup offers 3DS export or if that is a pro feature, the copy I have here is still in some kind of "Pro Demo Mode" so I can not confirm this.

Opening the SKP from 3dWarehouse in Sketchup 2013, exporting to 3DS, then importing into Vectorworks 2014 resulted in this:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10353&filename=HarleyImport%20skp%20to%203ds.PNG

Note: Importing as 3D polys rather than as a mesh gave significantly more detail.

FYI Jon it is possible to import SketchUp files directly into Vectorworks (depending on what version you have) I usually fetch 3D models from 'Google warehouse' and import into Vectorworks.

Make sure you don't import into any working files but into a clean new file first, buggy geometry and different scales in these models can play havoc sometimes and you don't want that happening in any large projects with deadlines.

Once cleaned up and perhaps saved as a symbol you can import the geometry into your working file.

Can't remember if it comes out of the box or as a plugin.....sorry.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10354&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202014-03-05%20kl.%2008.12.59.png

Edited by Vincent C